Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
#TECHmunch LA | Food Blogger Conference
Friday, September 23, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Monica, United States
BakeSpace.com's TECHmunch Food Blogger Conference
Quick Schedule: Doors open at 9am. Panels begin at 9:30am. Lunch 12:45pm-1:45pm and Mixer 5:00pm-8:00pm.
As the online world descends on Los Angeles September 19-23 for Social Media Week, food bloggers in the City of Angeles will be focused on an event all their own in the form of TECHmunch LA, which will be held Friday, September 23rd at the Annenberg Beach House in Santa Monica.
Los Angeles is the latest stop for TECHmunch, which was created to help food bloggers learn practical tools and tactics for generating buzz, building an audience and making their hard work profitable. The goal is to provide the ingredients you need to succeed and pursue your passion.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Bloggers & Web content creators who are passionate about food, traveling or lifestyle content.
Marketing/brand professionals who are interested in meeting more than 100 local L.A. bloggers & content creators.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
Topics include the latest tools and tactics to develop and optimize content, build buzz, grow an audience and profit financially from all the hard work. The focus is on practical, hands-on information that you can use from day-one to take your blog to the next level.
An extraordinary lineup of experts in digital media publishing, food/travel/lifestyle journalism, marketing and other key disciplines:
- Jane Goldman (@chow), VP and Editor-in-Chief of CBS Interactive’s Entertainment & Lifestyle Division, including the award-winning CHOW.com
- Rene Lynch (@renelynch/@latimesfood), Assistant Food Editor for the L.A. Times
- Evan Kleiman (@evankleiman), Author & Chef, Host, KCRW's Good Food and Restaurateur, Angeli Caffe
- Anna Lingeris (@ahhnalin), Manager, Global Brand Public Relations & Consumer Engagement, The Hershey Company
- Jessica Randazza (@JessicaRandazza), Manager, Brand Experience for Digitas (the digital marketing firm for KitchenAId, American Express and other blue chip brands)
- Kimberly Albright (@WFMLA), Forager, Whole Foods Los Angeles
- Babette Pepaj (@BakeSpace), founder and CEO of BakeSpace.com and Producer of the TECHmunch Food Blogger Conferences
- Lucy Lean (@LucyLean) Author of "Made in America: Our Best Chef's Reinvent Comfort Food" and Publisher of LadlesandJellySpoons.com
- Andrew Wilder (@eatingrules), Publisher of EatingRules.com
- Sara O'Donnel (@averagebetty), Producer and Host of AverageBetty.com
- Eric Schwartzman (@ericschwartzman), Co-Author of Social Marketing to the Business Customer, Founder of ipressroom.com and Host of "On the Record with Eric Scwartzman."
- Diane Cu (@whiteonrice), Photographer and Publisher of White on Rice Couple.com
- Stefanie Michaels (@adventuregirl), Author of “Adventure Girl’s Guide to Finding Adventure…Without Breaking a Nail.” On-Air Travel Expert for Access Hollywood and Contributing Writer for the Huffington Post and People Magazine to name a few
- Adam Salomone (@hcpdishes), Associate Cookbook Publisher, The Harvard Common Press
- Emily Schildt (@chobani), Communications Manager, Chobani
- Frank Elaridi Producer ABC News (LA Bureau)
- Amanda Coolong (@acoolong), Executive Producer and Chief Ccorrespondent at TechZulu.com
- Rachel Hutchings (@Fuji Mama), Publisher of Lafujimama.com
- Patti Londre (@worththewhisk), Publisher Worth the Whisk.com and Founder of Camp Blogaway
- Jeff Potter (@cookingforgeeks), Author "Cooking for Geeks" and publisher of cookingforgeeks.com
- Lindsay William-Ross (@SquashBlossom), Editor of LAist.com
- Sandra Mckenna (@McMedia), Host of Midlife Roadtrip.tv
- Erik Deutsch (@erikdeutsch), Principal ExcelPR Group
- Serena Erlich (@serena), Executive Director of Attention
- Marsha Collier (@MarshaCollier) or and host of Computer & Technology Radio on wsRadio.com and Founder of @CustServ. Author of Ebay for Dummies
- Laurel Kaufman (@laurelkaufman), Founder, Elevate My Brand: Creative Marketing for Food, Wine & Retail Brands
- Shawna Dawson (@SauceLA), Principal, SauceLA, Creator LA Street Food Fest & Artisinal LA
- David Bloom (@DavidBloom), Social Media and Media Relations Consultant
- Manual Rosso (@foodonthetable), CEO of Foodonthetable.com
- John Terfry (@jkihls), Video Producer, Docstoc.com (formerly Video Producer Mahalo.com for Recipe.com Videos) and founder of www.4wordthought.com.
- Melody Pepaj (@comedyspeakeasy), Executive Producer, ComedySpeakEasy.com
- Tony Adam (@tonyadam ), Founder and CEO of Eventify.me, Previously of Yahoo.com and MySpace.com
- John Shiple (@freelanceCTO), Technology Consultant
- Sean Percival (@percival), Internet Entrepreneur, Formerly of MySpace.com, Tsavo Media and Founder of lalawag.com
- Jeremy Pepper (@jspepper), a public relations and social media consultant Publisher for Pop PR, a PR blog.
- Ryan Born (@bornryan), CEO at AudioMicro Inc.
- Aaron Aviles (@aaronaviles), TECHmunch Emcee (and all around Funny Man)
- Dana Harris (@TheKnife), Editor in Chief, Indiewire.com
- Marla Meridith (@MarlaMeridith), Publisher of FamilyFreshCooking.com.
- Douglas Welch (@douglaswelch), New Media Consultant & Founder of the Gardener's Notebook. More at welchwrite.com
- Kevin Winston (@digitalLA), Founder, Digital LA
INTERESTED IN SPONSORING TECHMUNCH:
For sponsorship information: Email us at email@example.com or connect via twitter at @BakeSpace
TECHmunch is a series of conferences held in cities across the U.S. to help food bloggers learn the hands-on skills they need to make their blogs more personally and professionally rewarding. The conference was created by BakeSpace.com Founder Babette Pepaj, who serves as conference producer. More information is available at http://techmunch.bakespace.com. Also connect with TECHmunch on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TECHmunch and on Twitter via hashtag #TECHmunch.
Launched in 2006 as the Web's first food social network and recipe swap, BakeSpace.com is a grassroots community for people who love to cook, bake and hang out in the kitchen. The site has been recognized by the Webby Awards for five consecutive years, earning back-to-back Webby Award nominations in 2009 and 2010 for Best Social Network. Most recently, the site received triple 2011 Webby Award honors in the Community, Lifestyle and Social Media categories. BakeSpace.com has been described by USA Today as "the closest thing to a Facebook-like food site." Members range from teenagers just beginning to explore the culinary lifestyle to great grandparents who want to share and preserve their treasured family recipes. BakeSpace.com is based in Los Angeles. www.BakeSpace.com.
TECHmunch tickets are non-refundable, but they are transferable.
When & Where
TECHmunch is a series of conferences in cities across the U.S. designed to help food bloggers gain the hands-on digital media, marketing and business skills they need to make their blogs more personally and financially rewarding. Each conference features leading experts in a range of disciplines -- from digital publishing and search engine optimization to public relations and online advertising. TECHmunch was created by BakeSpace.com Founder Babette Pepaj, who serves as its producer and host.
Connect with us for updates!